DAILY LAW TIPS
by Onyekachi Umah,Esq.
“Who Owns Creations, Discoveries and Inventions Made By An Employee/Agent?
While at work, employees, staff, workers and even agents make registrable intellectual properties(creations, discoveries and innovations) worth billions of Naira. The ownership of such intellectual properties belongs the employers and masters of such employees, workers and agents. Such ownerships are not negotiable or changeable by any agreement because it is provided by law to always belong only to employers. It is understandable because employees use the resources of their employers in making their discoveries and creations.
My authorities are sections 2(4) and 14(4) of the Patent and Designs Act.
Share this till it gets to those that need it most. Save a Nigerian today!
To receive our Daily Law Tips for free follow our Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube via “@LearnNigerianLaws”.
Powered by www.LearnNigerianLaws.com
"NIGERIAN BUSINESSES AND THE NEED FOR CORPORATE, COPYRIGHTS, TRADE MARKS, INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS AND PATENTS REGISTRATIONS"
ONYEKACHI UMAH, ESQ., LL.M, ACIArb(UK)
Convener, Sabi Law Lecture Series
DELIVERED ON THURSDAY, 18 JULY 2018
AT THE MEETING OF THE ROTARY CLUB OF ABUJA METRO (MEGA CLUB)
7th SABI LAW LECTURE SERIES.
- Profile of OnyekachiUmah
- Forms of Business in Nigeria
- Corporate Registration of Businesses in Nigeria
- Benefits of Corporate Registration of Businesses in Nigeria
- Registration of Copyrights, Trade Marks, Designs and Patents of Businesses
- Benefits of Copyrights, Trade Marks, Designs and Patents Registration.
- Agencies For Corporate, Copyrights, Trade Marks, Designs and Patents Registration.
Full text of this lecture can be downloaded via the link below in PDF and PowerPoint formats.
THE LINKS ARE AFTER THE COMMENT BOX, BELOW.