COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS & PATENT REGISTRATION;
PROSPECTS FOR LAWYERS IN NIGERIA
ONYEKACHI UMAH, ESQ., LL.M, ACIArb(UK)
"NIGERIAN BUSINESSES AND THE NEED FOR CORPORATE, COPYRIGHTS, TRADE MARKS, INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS AND PATENTS REGISTRATIONS"
ONYEKACHI UMAH, ESQ., LL.M, ACIArb(UK)
DAILY LAW TIPS
by Onyekachi Umah,Esq.
“WHAT ARE TRADE MARKS AND THEIR BENEFITS”.
To receive our Daily Law Tips for free follow our Facebook page, Twitter or Instagram via “LearnNigerianLaws”.
Powered by www.LearnNigerianLaws.com
LearnNigerianLaws.Com in 2016 published and circulated for free over 10 law articles on WILLS, MARRIAGE, LAND, NBA STAMP, CONTRACT, TENANCY, BUSINESS, BOUNCED CHEQUE AND TRADEMARKS. They were written in simple English without law jargons, for easy understanding of none-lawyers. Below are links to 10 law articles as published on www.LearnNigerianLaws.com
Please read and be empowered!
Click on each article to read. Feel free to share!
- HOW TO RECOVER PROPERTY OF THE DEAD IN NIGERIA. (A legal guide on Probate Matters in Nigeria) http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/family-law/21-how-to-recover-property-of-the-dead
- HOW TO BE LEGALLY MARRIED IN NIGERIA - Learn Nigerian Laws http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/family-law/10-how-to-be-legally-married
- LEGALITY OF GOVERNMENT’S COMPULSORY ACQUISITION OF LAND AND PAYMENT OF COMPENSATION - http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/land-law/16-legality-of-government-s-compulsory-acquisition-of-land-and-payment-of-compensation
- PROCEDURE AND REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING NBA LAWYERS'STAMP, INSURANCE POLICY AND OTHERS. http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/law-in-practise/18-procedure-and-requirements-for-obtaining-nba-lawyers-stamp-insurance-policy-prepaid-cards-lawyers-verification-exercise
- BOUNCED/DUD CHEQUE AND ITS LEGAL CONSEQUENCES IN NIGERIA- LearnNigerianLaws.com http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/criminal-law/8-bounced-or-dud-cheque-and-its-legal-consequence
- RIGHTS OF A TENANT IN NIGERIA. - Learn Nigerian Laws http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/landlord-and-tenant-law/24-rights-of-a-tenant
- RIGHTS OF A LANDLORD IN NIGERIA. - Learn Nigerian Laws http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/landlord-and-tenant-law/23-rights-of-a-landlord
- HOW TO REGISTER A BUSINESS NAME, A PARTNERSHIP ANDA COMPANY IN NIGERIA - Learn Nigerian Laws http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/commercial-and-corporate-law/11-how-to-register-a-business-a-partnership-and-a-company
- REGISTRATION OF TRADEMARKS IN NIGERIA. - Learn Nigerian Laws http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/commercial-and-corporate-law/22-registration-of-trade-marks
Join us every month as we publish for free, easy to understand law articles on areas that affect the ordinary man. Our publications are for the general public; none-lawyers and lawyers. It is our vision to enlighten all Nigerians on Nigerian laws to build a safer, more informed and accountable Nigeria. We wish you a fruitful new year; 2017.
Onyekachi Umah, Esq. ACIArb(UK)
Founder and Senior Contributor
Follow us on facebook; https://www.facebook.com/LearnNigerianLaws/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LearnNigeriaLaw
WHAT IS TRADEMARK?
Over time in business and life generally, individuals, partnerships, corporations, organisations and companies have developed, designed, created, coined, formed and used certain distinctive names, logos, crests, flags, badges, symbols, signs, patterns, formations, processes and drawings to differentiate themselves from others; owing and using same exclusively. In today’s world, a circled letter “Y” is owned by Mercedes, GMC is owned by General Motors Corporation, LEX10® is owned by Lex10 Law Technologies, HP® is owned by Hewlett-Packard Company , Closeup® is owned by Unilever Nigeria Plc, MR.BIGG’S® and GALA® is owned by UAC foods Plc and Blackberry® is owned by Research in Motion etc. All those are names, logos and products used in business by their respective owners to the exclusion of all other persons and companies in the parts of the world, where they are registered. To retain customers and clients, create a renowned brand and fight piracy, registration of trademarks becomes very necessary.