DAILY LAW TIPS by Onyekachi Umah,Esq. (Tip 237) “IT IS A CRIME TO KEEP, SELL OR DISTRIBUTE FERTILISER WITHOUT APPROVAL OR EXPORT SAME IN NIGERIA.”
DAILY LAW TIPS
by Onyekachi Umah,Esq.
“IT IS A CRIME TO KEEP, SELL OR DISTRIBUTE FERTILISER WITHOUT APPROVAL OR EXPORT SAME IN NIGERIA.”
Fertiliser is a government controlled commodity in Nigeria. Federal government determines who sells, distributes, transports and keeps custody of fertiliser as well as selling points.
It is a crime for any person to deal on fertiliser, sell, distribute, convert, dump or transport fertiliser in any part of Nigeria without approval of the Minister of Agriculture or his delegate. It is also a crime to export fertiliser from Nigeria. The offences are punishable with 10 years imprisonment without an option of fine.
My authorities are sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10 and 11 of the Fertiliser (Control) Act, 1992.
NOTE: Sharing or modifying or publishing this publication without giving credit to Onyekachi Umah, Esq. and “LearnNigerianLaws.com” is a criminal breach of copyright and will be prosecuted. Please share this publication till it gets to those that need it most. Save a Nigerian today!
To receive our Daily Law Tips for free follow our Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube via “@LearnNigerianLaws”.
This is the writer’s view not a legal advice and does not create any form of relationship. You may reach the writer for more information.
Powered by www.LearnNigerianLaws.com
Latest from Super User
- PROF. OJUKWU, SAN, ONYEKACHI UMAH, ESQ AND OTHERS AWARDED FOR SUPPORT TO YOUNG LAWYERS
- #SabiLawVideoChallenge 2nd Edition (October, 2018). Starts soon; 6th October 2018!
- #SabiLawVideoChallenge 2nd Edition (October, 2018). Make 1-minute video on a right/law you know and win N50, 000 cash & more!
- A High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) ordered the issuance of contempt proceedings against the directors of Diamond Bank PLC.
- Sabi Law Video Challenge. (June 2018, The Premier Edition).