- administration of criminal justice act
- challenges to and gaps in the administration of criminal justice act
- remedies and solution for effective criminal justice system
- sabi law
- sabi law lecture series
- 21st sabi law lecture series
- learn nigerian laws
- human rights challenges with administration of criminal justice act
- implementation of human rights in administration of criminal justice act acja
ADVANCES AND CHALLENGES OF CRIMINNAL PROCEDURE IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACT 2015
ONYEKACHI UMAH, ESQ., LL.M, ACIArb(UK)
Convener, Sabi Law Lecture Series
(#DailyLawTips, #SabiLawChallenage, #CriminalJusticeMonday, #SabiLawLecturesSeries)
DELIVERED ON TUESDAY, 16TH JULY 2019 (10:00 AM)
AT THE CONFERENCE ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACT, 2015
HELD AT THE LAW FACULTY, BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA.
21st SABI LAW LECTURE SERIES.
0. Profile of Onyekachi Umah
1.PresentationPlan & Outcome2.Assumptions3.Facts4. Pre-ACJA Era5. ACJA Era6. A peep at the Repealed Administration of Justice Commission Act, 19917. ACJA’sShortcomings8. SabiLawMaster’s Interlude9. The Way Forward10.Conclusion
OBJECTIVE OF THE 21ST SABI LAW LECTURE SERIES
This paper highlights gaps in the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) and the challenges in Nigeria's criminal justice system. It will conclude with proposed remedies for an effective criminal justice system.