- trade mark
- trade marks act, cap t13, lfn 2004
- industrial designs
- industrial designs registration in nigeria
- patents registration in nigeria
- patent and designs act
- nigerian law
- geographical indication
- how to get ip briefs
- opportunities for lawyers in ip market
- ip market stakeholders
- how “propertyenough” is intellectual property?
- ways to strategically position yourself in ip market
- challenges in ip market and their solutions
- sabi law lectures
- sabi law
- learn nigerian laws
- 9th sabi law lecture series
- sabi law lecture series
COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS & PATENT REGISTRATION; PROSPECTS FOR LAWYERS IN NIGERIA
COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS & PATENT REGISTRATION;
PROSPECTS FOR LAWYERS IN NIGERIA
ONYEKACHI UMAH, ESQ., LL.M, ACIArb(UK)
Convener, Sabi Law Lecture Series
DELIVERED ON SUNDAY, 29 JULY 2018 (7:00-9:00PM)
AT THE LAW, ETHICS AND PRACTISE (LEaP) WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LAWYERS AND LAW STUDENTS
9th SABI LAW LECTURE SERIES.
0. Profile of Onyekachi Umah
- How “Property-enough” is Intellectual Property?
- IP Market Stakeholders
- Opportunities for Lawyers In IP Market
- SabiLawMaster’s Interlude
- Ways to Strategically Position Yourself in IP Market
- How to Get IP Briefs
- Challenges in IP Market and their Solutions
Download For FREE!
Full text of this lecture can be downloaded via the link below in PDF format.
THE LINK IS AFTER THE COMMENT BOX, BELOW.
Onyekachi Umah is a husband and a private legal practitioner with amazing experience in criminal law, human rights, intellectual property, transaction and regulation advisory, corporate, commercial and investment law and energy law as well as litigation and arbitration arising from them. He is a certified arbitrator both in Nigeria and the United Kingdom. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK) and a Certified Conflict Management Practitioner. He is a member of prestigious “Young ICSID” of International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), Washington DC. Among other, he has a certificate in Law of Contract from a program of Harvard University, a certificate in International Environmental Negotiation from United Nations Institute for Training and Research, Geneva and recently, a certificate in Conflict Management from United States Institute of Peace, Washington, D.C. He also holds a master of laws degree from University of Jos and he is a doctoral student at the faculty of law, Nassarawa State University.
He is the managing partner of a leading law firm; Bezaleel Chambers International. He is the founder and President of a free law awareness platform known as www.LearnNigerianLaws.com that promotes awareness and understanding of rights and laws of Nigeria (#SabiLaw) and offers free daily law tips (#DailyLawTips). Understanding the challenges of Administration of Criminal Justice in Nigeria, he dedicates his daily law tips every Mondays to promoting Criminal Justice (#CriminalJusticeMonday). Recently, he started a new series on Election Laws tagged (#SabiElectionLaws) to increase legal awareness on elections laws, policies and regulations in Nigeria. He is the convener of the Sabi Law Lecture Series (#SabiLawLectureSeries), travelling around Nigeria delivering free law awareness lectures. He also organises and sponsors a quarterly competition, titled "Sabi Law Video Challenge" (#SabiLawVideoChallenge) were Nigerians win money (over $130.00 per winner) for making videos of themselves talking on any law or right as a way to promote law awareness and have fun. To further promote legal awareness among Nigerians across the world, he started a law awareness show titled "Sabi Law With Onyekachi Umah, Esq" (#SabiLawWithOnyekachiUmahEsq) showing on social media platforms via @LearnNigerianLaws.
Mr. Umah has written over Three Hundred (300) free to access articles and materials on law with a desire to enlighten the public. He is also the Assistant Secretary of Nigerian Bar Association, Capital Bar, Abuja and a member of the Rotary Club of Abuja, Metro (RCAM), District 9125. Among others, he is serving as a member of the Advisory Committee for Law Clinics Partnership for Reforming Pre-trial Detention in Kuje Prison Project funded by the United States Department Bureau for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement. He has been featured as the Legal Personality of the Week by This Day Newspaper (a leading national newspaper) on its September 11, 2018 edition and was featured on the NigeriaLawyer.com as the Legal Personality of the Week on November 14, 2018. He has won several honours and awards for his innovative legal practise across the world.
Facebook: Onyekachi Umah J.
Linkedin: Onyekachi Umah
Latest from Onyekachi Umah
- *POWERS OF PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA TO CONTROL AND ACCESS ANY INTERNET, SOCIAL MEDIA AND TECHNOLOGY IN NIGERIA.* DAILY LAW TIPS (Tip 315) By Onyekachi Umah, Esq., LLM. ACIArb(UK).
- *REMOVAL/DESTRUCTION OF ELECTRICITY METER IS A CRIME IN NIGERIA.* DAILY LAW TIPS (Tip 314) By Onyekachi Umah, Esq., LLM. ACIArb(UK).
- *HOW PERSONS BORN BY NON-NIGERIANS CAN BE NIGERIAN CITIZENS BY BIRTH. *DAILY LAW TIPS (Tip 313) by Onyekachi Umah, Esq., LLM. ACIArb(UK)
- HOW TO MAKE POWER OF ATTORNEY TO BE GENUINE AND ACCEPTABLE.* DAILY LAW TIPS (Tip 312) by Onyekachi Umah, Esq., LLM. ACIArb(UK)
- SURPRISINGLY, POLICE OFFICER MUST WITNESS ALL COMMUNICATION BETWEEN LAWYER AND ARRESTED SUSPECT. * DAILY LAW TIPS (Tip 311) by Onyekachi Umah, Esq., LLM. ACIArb(UK)