"HOW TO BE LEGALLY MARRIED IN NIGERIA"
ONYEKACHI UMAH, ESQ., LL.M, ACIArb(UK)
Convener, Sabi Law Lecture Series
AT THE HALL OF SAINT MARTIN'S PARISH, MABUSHI, ABUJA, FCT
CATHOLIC WOMEN ORGANISATION
4th SABI LAW LECTURE SERIES.
LearnNigerianLaws.Com in 2016 published and circulated for free over 10 law articles on WILLS, MARRIAGE, LAND, NBA STAMP, CONTRACT, TENANCY, BUSINESS, BOUNCED CHEQUE AND TRADEMARKS. They were written in simple English without law jargons, for easy understanding of none-lawyers. Below are links to 10 law articles as published on www.LearnNigerianLaws.com
Please read and be empowered!
Click on each article to read. Feel free to share!
- HOW TO RECOVER PROPERTY OF THE DEAD IN NIGERIA. (A legal guide on Probate Matters in Nigeria) http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/family-law/21-how-to-recover-property-of-the-dead
- HOW TO BE LEGALLY MARRIED IN NIGERIA - Learn Nigerian Laws http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/family-law/10-how-to-be-legally-married
- LEGALITY OF GOVERNMENT’S COMPULSORY ACQUISITION OF LAND AND PAYMENT OF COMPENSATION - http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/land-law/16-legality-of-government-s-compulsory-acquisition-of-land-and-payment-of-compensation
- PROCEDURE AND REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING NBA LAWYERS'STAMP, INSURANCE POLICY AND OTHERS. http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/law-in-practise/18-procedure-and-requirements-for-obtaining-nba-lawyers-stamp-insurance-policy-prepaid-cards-lawyers-verification-exercise
- BOUNCED/DUD CHEQUE AND ITS LEGAL CONSEQUENCES IN NIGERIA- LearnNigerianLaws.com http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/criminal-law/8-bounced-or-dud-cheque-and-its-legal-consequence
- RIGHTS OF A TENANT IN NIGERIA. - Learn Nigerian Laws http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/landlord-and-tenant-law/24-rights-of-a-tenant
- RIGHTS OF A LANDLORD IN NIGERIA. - Learn Nigerian Laws http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/landlord-and-tenant-law/23-rights-of-a-landlord
- HOW TO REGISTER A BUSINESS NAME, A PARTNERSHIP ANDA COMPANY IN NIGERIA - Learn Nigerian Laws http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/commercial-and-corporate-law/11-how-to-register-a-business-a-partnership-and-a-company
- REGISTRATION OF TRADEMARKS IN NIGERIA. - Learn Nigerian Laws http://www.learnnigerianlaws.com/index.php/law-articles/commercial-and-corporate-law/22-registration-of-trade-marks
Join us every month as we publish for free, easy to understand law articles on areas that affect the ordinary man. Our publications are for the general public; none-lawyers and lawyers. It is our vision to enlighten all Nigerians on Nigerian laws to build a safer, more informed and accountable Nigeria. We wish you a fruitful new year; 2017.
Onyekachi Umah, Esq. ACIArb(UK)
Founder and Senior Contributor
Follow us on facebook; https://www.facebook.com/LearnNigerianLaws/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LearnNigeriaLaw
Courtship is not marriage neither is a loose partnership of opposite sex marriage. Living together and making of babies doesn’t connote marriage. Hear this, going to a church and being declared “man and woman” without an earlier strict observance of legal marriage requirements is no marriage in the eyes of law. A purported union with one who is validly married is not a marriage. No matter how valid a marriage is in the eyes of the couple, clergy, relatives, church and the society, it must equally be valid before the law for it to be legal. The Bible urges us to respect laws and constituted authorities; for a marriage to be legal it must be in accordance with the provisions of the Marriage Act of 1949 except for traditional marriages, irrespective of the religious inclinations of the couples.