A High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) ordered the issuance of contempt proceedings against the directors of Diamond Bank PLC.
Upon hearing the application of Onyekachi Umah, Esq. LLM., ACIArb(UK) on behalf of the judgment creditor in the case of MRS. FINE ALUKO V. DIAMOND BANK PLC (Suit No: FCT/HC/CV/1419/2009), the court sitting in Apo ordered contempt proceedings against the directors of the judgment debtor (Diamond Bank PlC).
The court granted the leave sought by the Abuja based lawyer for Form 48 and Form 49 of the Judgment (Enforcement) Rules to be served on the judgement debtor’s directors, Mr. Uzoma Dozie (Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer), Mr. Oluseyi Bickersteth (Chairman, Board of Directors) and Caroline Anyanwu (Deputy Managing Director), all of Diamond Bank Plc for the continued disobedience of the order contained in the judgment of the court delivered since 25th June 2013.
The application was granted on 8th day of August 2018.
For details click the link below;
Latest from Super User
- DAILY LAW TIPS by Onyekachi Umah,Esq. (Tip 237) “IT IS A CRIME TO KEEP, SELL OR DISTRIBUTE FERTILISER WITHOUT APPROVAL OR EXPORT SAME IN NIGERIA.”
- PROF. OJUKWU, SAN, ONYEKACHI UMAH, ESQ AND OTHERS AWARDED FOR SUPPORT TO YOUNG LAWYERS
- #SabiLawVideoChallenge 2nd Edition (October, 2018). Starts soon; 6th October 2018!
- #SabiLawVideoChallenge 2nd Edition (October, 2018). Make 1-minute video on a right/law you know and win N50, 000 cash & more!
- Sabi Law Video Challenge. (June 2018, The Premier Edition).